Internationally recognised and respected IOSH accredited and certificated training.
Occupational health and safety is concerned with the promotion of better working environments, often characterised by motivated workers and competent managers, and preventing foreseeable losses to individuals and organisations.
According to the Health and Safety Commission (HSC), most health and safety failures are due to poor management and ignorance of good practice, rather than direct malicious intent.
Health and safety is an essential part of a manager’s role, irrespective of their primary function. Everybody at work is responsible for health and safety performance by taking reasonable care for the health and safety of themself and other people who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
Managers can delegate responsibilities for health and safety practice, but, within their scope of control, they cannot delegate their legal accountability.
Managers need to have a sufficient understanding of their responsibilities if they are to manage health and safety effectively.
Who is the course for?
IOSH Managing Safely is a basic course in health and safety designed to give managers and supervisors from all types of organisation an understanding of how to deal with health and safety issues in the workplace.
Many organisations choose IOSH Managing Safely for their safety staff and employee representatives to provide a consistent understanding of health and safety issues so they can assist their managers and carry out their functions effectively.
This course is also an ideal introductory course for individuals wishing to pursue a career in health and safety.
IOSH Managing Safely is designed to make delegates aware of their responsibilities and the practical actions they need to take to manage health and safety in their teams.
On successful completion of the course, delegates should understand:
- Why it is important to manage health and safety
- The key parts of a health and safety management system
- Their responsibilities as a manager
- What the law requires them to do
- What a risk assessment is and how risk assessments are carried out
- How to reduce risks and which risk control methods to use
- What common hazards are and what can be done about them
- How accidents and incident happen
- Why accidents and incident need investigating and how to carry out an accident investigation
- Performance measurement and how to measure performance
The IOSH Managing Safely course covers:
- Importance of Managing Safely
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
Assessment and Certification
Understanding of the course material is evaluated by means of a 1 hour written assessment paper consisting of 30 multi-format questions and a practical project.
For the practical project, delegates are required to record a workplace risk assessment and return it to AOSH within 2 weeks of course completion.
Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
Public (open) course: From £425 + VAT per delegate*
* Discounts available for multiple bookings on individual courses.
Our price includes:
- Delegate registration
- IOSH fees
- Comprehensive course notes
- IOSH Certificate on successful completion
This course can also be run as an in-house (closed) course for 5 or more people.
Please contact us for a quote on 02920 291779 or email us email@example.com
COURSE DELIVERY IS SUBJECT TO A MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS.